Update from Administrator – April 22, 2021
April 22, 2021
We hope this email finds you healthy and as optimistic as we are about the continuing decline in COVID cases in our surrounding community. Considering these encouraging numbers, we will begin to take a slightly different approach with these weekly email updates to you, focusing more on recreation activities taking place in our center, special events, and significant changes taking place.
- Although not mandatory, we continue to encourage any employee who has not been vaccinated to obtain one. Currently, they may obtain one at a community clinic. We are also working with our state to do “catch-up” clinics to assist our team and new residents in obtaining the vaccine right here in our center.
- Regional hospitals are working on plans to offer the first dose of a COVID vaccine to their patients being discharged to nursing homes.
- We are happy to announce that our visitation policy has changed significantly. As you know we were closed to visits recently and we are happy to report that we have lifted that closure. We will be allowing in room visits for those who are vaccinated and their loved one is also vaccinated. The same still stands regarding if the roommate is not vaccinated, an outdoor visit can occur or we can make arrangements for a private visit in another area. NO APPOINTMENT is necessary for these visits. These are recent CDC\CMS recommendations.
- Compassion visits recommendations remain the same.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.).
- We continue to offer indoor and outdoor visits. You do not need to make an appointment however we do request that you contact the facility from your vehicle when you arrive so that we can bring your loved one to you. We will do our best to accommodate as many families as possible at one time, however we may have to request you wait.
- When an outbreak is detected among residents or staff, all visitations must be suspended except for compassionate care visits, until at least one round of facility-wide testing is completed.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to begin once again holding activity groups following the CDC/CMS recommendations.
- Outdoor activities are always encouraged and preferred by the CDC and CMS, however indoor events are once again taking place following the outbreak guidance.
- These events will safely welcome back in our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, and instructors.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, games, news, and more. We
have done some tutoring and training of the tablets so that residents are more comfortable with them.
- In addition, we are once again welcoming our Residents back into a communal dining atmosphere following all guidance set forth by the CDC and CMS. This means our Dining Rooms are again open for meals, allowing for additional opportunities for socialization among our residents.
Thank you and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!
The staff at Northwood Rehabilitation & Health Care Center