Update from Administrator – May 18, 2021
May 18, 2021
We hope this week’s weather forecast remains true – as warmer days are ahead of us. This means more time outside in the fresh air for our residents! We encourage you to take a advantage of the weather and schedule an outside visit with your loved one if possible.
By now, I am certain you heard the great news from our federal leadership late last week about updates to mask requirements. While we are as excited and enthusiastic about the news as you, we do not have any updated guidance from our Department of Public Health and the CDC and CMS specific to nursing homes.
We eagerly await the updated guidance on mask usage for those who have been full vaccinated (two week past their second dose). If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents.
Some updates for you:
- As mentioned earlier in this update, the CMS, CDC, and state continue to update their guidance for nursing homes – and we will keep you up to date on any changes. If you are unfamiliar with our protocols, please ask us.
- Nothing has changed over the past week.
- We are open to in room visits if both resident and visitors are vaccinated and remained masked. We encourage outdoor visits now that the weather has improved. Of course, if there is inclement weather we have the living room and lobby area available for visits. We do encourage you to call ahead and let the receptionist know you are on your way so she can contact the floor and make arrangements to have your loved one ready for your visit.
- We always offer visitations using our technology (iPads, tablets, calls, etc.) and when we can, window visits and outside visits.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to hold group activities and celebrate special events.
- Outdoor activities are always encouraged and preferred by the CDC and CMS, however indoor events are once again taking place following the outbreak guidance.
- We are excited to safely welcome back in our volunteers and vendors including entertainment, clergy, artists, and instructors.
- A reminder to everyone that we do have various tablet devices for your loved one to utilize to access games, various communication tools, games, news, and more.
We hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing you!!